This easy ravioli lasagna recipe with layers of store-bought ravioli, rich bolognese sauce and béchamel is the ultimate comforting dinner recipe. It’s great to prepare ahead and perfect served on chilly nights.
This ravioli lasagna is a great way to use up leftover bolognese sauce. I often double or even triple up the quantities when I make bolognese and freeze the extras for days when I want dinner in a flash. The béchamel sauce is also a great freezer-staple. I used store-bought ravioli and the rest is simply an assembly job.
- Store-bought ravioli/frozen ravioli. I used spinach and cheese ravioli but any flavor you like will be good.
- Bolognese sauce. I made my classic ground beef bolognese sauce but you can use pork, chicken or turkey if preferred.
- Bechamel sauce.
- Mozzarella cheese.
- Parmesan cheese.
How to make ravioli lasagna
If you have the bolognese and béchamel already made, this really is just an assembly job. If not, make the bolognese sauce according to my recipe instructions (or use your favorite bolognese recipe) and do the same with the béchamel sauce. You could also make this lasagna using a ricotta cheese layer but I prefer the creaminess of the béchamel.
Layer the ravioli (no need to cook or thaw them first if using frozen ravioli) with the bolognese, béchamel in an oven-proof baking dish or casserole dish. Sprinkle a few tablespoons of mozzarella over each layer for extra cheesiness. Top with more mozzarella and Parmesan cheese then bake for 15-20 minutes until hot and bubbling. Allow to rest for 5-10 minutes then serve topped with fresh basil.
Can I make this ahead?
Like I mentioned, the bolognese and béchamel can be made and frozen for up to 3 months. Allow to thaw completely before assembling the lasagna. Similarly, the assembled lasagna can be covered well and frozen for up to 3 months. It can also be kept in the fridge overnight. Bake from frozen for 45 minutes or until hot throughout. Leftovers can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge and reheated in the microwave until hot.
What to serve with ravioli lasagna
This baked ravioli lasagna is a meal on its own but some garlic bread or a green salad with a sharp and zesty dressing will be delicious to cut through the richness.
- Cheesy pull apart garlic bread
- Easy green salad with lemon Parmesan dressing
- Easy side salad with lemon dressing
Easy Ravioli Lasagna
- 500 g (1lb) ravioli use store-bought or frozen ravioli
- 4 cups bolognese sauce
- 4 cups bechamel sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- Make the bolognese sauce and béchamel sauce according to recipe instructions.
- To assemble the lasagna, place a spoonful of bolognese in the bottom of a oven-proof casserole dish.
- Add a layer of ravioli - no need to cook or thaw them first - then add another layer of bolognese.
- Add a layer of béchamel sauce and a sprinkle of mozzarella then repeat until you've use all the ravioli, béchamel and bolognese sauce.
- Finish with a layer of mozzarella and add the Parmesan cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/390°F.
- Place the ravioli lasagna in the oven and allow to bake for 15-20 minutes until hot and bubbling.
- Remove from the oven, allow to rest for 5-10 minutes then scatter over fresh basil and serve.
Leave a Reply