Easy oven baked salmon glazed with a simple sweet chilli glaze is a simple, delicious dinner recipe and is great for meal prepping ahead.
Full recipe and amounts can be found in the recipe card below.
- Salmon. I used skin-on fillets.
- Sweet chilli sauce. This can be found in the Asian aisle of your grocery store or at any Asian supermarkets.
- Lemon juice. Rice vinegar or lime juice can also be substituted.
- Soy sauce. If you prefer to keep this recipe gluten free, use Tamari or Coconut Aminos.
- Coriander/Cilantro, for serving.
How to make sweet chilli oven baked salmon
- Make the glaze: Combine sweet chilli sauce, lemon juice and soy sauce in a measuring jug or bowl.
- Glaze and bake the salmon: Line an oven-proof dish with parchment paper and add the salmon, skin-side down. Place the salmon in hot oven for 7-10 minutes until sticky and cooked to your preference. I like my salmon medium so I often just cook it under the broiler until well caramelized and sticky but you can keep it in for longer if you want it well-done. Remove the salmon from the oven then serve with side dishes of your choice with glaze drizzle over.
Can I make this ahead?
This salmon is great for meal prepping ahead. The glazed salmon can be covered and refrigerated for a day in advance. The baked salmon can be cooled and transferred to airtight containers and refrigerated for up to 3 days.
What to serve with baked salmon
- 10-minute lemon garlic sautéed broccolini
- Steamed rice / noodles.
- Crispy salt and pepper smashed potatoes
- Easy Garlic Herb Butter Baked Salmon
- Grilled salmon with lemon caper sauce
- Baked sticky apricot salmon
Easy sweet chilli oven baked salmon
- 800 g (1½lb) salmon fillets (4 x 200g fillets)
- 1 cup sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Preheat the oven to 250°C/480°F.
- Combine sweet chilli sauce, lemon juice and soy sauce in a measuring jug or bowl.
- Line an oven-proof dish with parchment paper and add the salmon, skin-side down. Pour over the glaze.
- Place the salmon in hot oven for 7-10 minutes until sticky and cooked to your preference.
- Remove the salmon from the oven then serve with side dishes of your choice with glaze drizzle over.