This simple appetizer is all kinds of delicious. Juicy grilled tomatoes with creamy burrata cheese and fresh basil just screams summer.
Table of Contents
Full recipe with amounts can be found in the recipe card below.
- Tomatoes. I used a combination of cherry tomatoes and vine tomatoes. Feel free to use any ripe tomatoes you have.
- Olive oil.
- Balsamic vinegar.
- Salt and pepper.
- Burrata. Can be substituted with Fior di Latte or Buffalo Mozzarella.
- Fresh basil.
What is Burrata?
Burrata is a delicious, creamy Italian cheese made from cow’s milk. The outside is a more solid mozzarella that is stuffed with cream and soft mozzarella shreds/curds. It is very similar to fior di latte but much creamier and richer. It is the perfect addition to salads and pastas. I love it most served with warm grilled tomatoes, as is done here, for a simple but delicious appetizer or side dish.
How to grill tomatoes
Grilling tomatoes couldn’t be simpler. Drizzle tomatoes with olive oil and balsamic vinegar then grill on a hot grill over high heat or in a grill pan until the tomatoes start to blister and char, approximately 10-15 minutes. Season the tomatoes generously with salt and pepper then serve warm.
What to serve with grilled tomatoes and burrata
Easy appetizer recipes
Grilled tomatoes with burrata
- 500 g (1lb) baby tomatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 150 g (5oz) burrata
- 1 cup fresh basil
- Drizzle the tomatoes with olive oil and balsamic.
- Grill over high heat for 10-15 minutes until charred and blistered.
- Season with salt and pepper then drizzle with more olive oil and Balsamic.
- Serve with burrata and fresh basil.