Creamy avocado and blue cheese is a perfect match with juicy strawberries in this easy strawberry salad. The perfect side dish for summer.
Salads are a go-to side dish but sometimes I crave something a little different. This delicious salad with creamy avocado and blue cheese and juicy strawberries is the perfect side dish to grilled chicken, fish or pork and takes only minutes to make.
How to make avocado strawberry salad
Simply slice or cube ripe avocado and place on a bed of baby lettuce (baby spinach works just as well). I used a mixture of baby rocket/arugula and butter lettuce. Add halved strawberries and chunks of blue cheese. A slightly firmer blue cheese works better in this salad. If the cheese is too creamy, it won’t toss as well. The salad can be kept covered, like this, for up to an hour in the fridge. Dress the salad right before serving.
What dressing to use for strawberry salad
Because the flavors in this salad aren’t too delicate, the dressing can be punchy. Balsamic vinegar, olive oil and orange juice combined make a delicious dressing for this simple salad.
What to serve strawberry salad with
- 30-minute easy grilled chicken
- Easy baked lemon chicken
- Garlic herb pork fillet skewers
- Lemon butter baked fish
Easy salad recipes
- Easy side salad with lemon dressing
- Marinated cucumber salad
- Farmers market salad with buffalo mozzarella
- Creamy potato salad with condensed milk dressing
Avocado blue cheese strawberry salad
- 4-6 cups lettuce
- 2 avocados sliced
- 2 cups strawberries hulled and halved
- ½ cup blue cheese cubed/roughly crumbled
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup Balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- ½ tsp salt
- black pepper to taste
- Assemble the salad on a big serving platter by topping the lettuce with the sliced avocado, strawberries and blue cheese.
- Combine all the dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk together.
- Pour the dressing over the salad right before serving.