Let’s talk about lunch for a second. I don’t know why, but recently I have pretty much zero inspiration when it comes to lunch time. I have an egg with avo on toast or some oats for breakfast and I always plan something for dinner but when it comes to lunch, fetching the kids from school, helping them with homework and sorting out their lunch leaves me feeling tired and ready for a nap. I find that when I plan and prep my ingredients for lunch, I find it a lot harder to abandon that idea and reach for a slice of toast instead so I’ve started prepping this salad the night before and you guys, it is SO delicious, I could easily eat it every single day.
The vegetables provide crunch and flavour, the chicken gives you the protein boost you need in the afternoon and the dressing brings it all together in all its peanutty-Asian-inspired glory. This makes a fabulous packed lunch (just keep the dressing at the bottom of your container and mix right before serving) and will leave you feeling full and satisfied and very much chuffed with yourself that you had THIS for your lunch while other people force down sad sandwiches. You’re welcome!
Shredded Thai chicken saladPrint Pin Rate Add to Shopping ListGo to Shopping List
- 1 small cabbage shredded
- 2 carrots julienned/grated
- 2 spring onions finely sliced
- 1 cup sugar snap peas julienned
- 1 red bell pepper julienned
- 1 yellow bell pepper julienned
- 2 cooked chicken breasts shredded
for the dressing
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon crushed ginger
- ½ teaspoon finely chopped chillies
- juice of 1 lime
- splash of water to thin out
- Combine all the salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the salad dressing ingredients.
- Pour the salad dressing over the salad then toss well.
- Serve immediately.
I made this tonight and it’s absolutely delicious, thank you!! My husband (who does not normally eat salads) loved it too.
Sweet and Savoury Pursuits
I love this type of salad, the peanut butter dressing is just so delicious and addictive! Gorgeous photo of the salad!
Great and healthy recipe!
Sounds great! I love peanut dressing
So do I! The peanut dressing brings the whole salad together!
Oh yes, this is my kind of lunch…thank you.
Only a pleasure!