This iced coffee sweetened with condensed milk is completely delicious and the coffee ice cubes adds even more punch without diluting your drink.
This post was first published in 2013.
I am an iced coffee addict. I drink it whenever I can and am often disappointed. That’s why I try to make it myself whenever I can and have experimented with different flavours and forms of dairy and have finally come up with my ultimate version.
I like to make mine in a similar way to the classic Vietnamese coffee which is strong black coffee sweetened with condensed milk. What I don’t like however is when the ice melts and waters down the coffee so I like to freeze coffee in ice cube trays and use that to cool down my coffee. Just writing about it has me salivating and believe me, this iced coffee is incredibly addictive!
- 2-3 cups strong black coffee, cooled
- 3 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon full cream milk
- coffee ice cubes
- Pour cool strong coffee into ice cube trays and freeze until solid.
- Fill a glass with coffee ice cubes and top with cold coffee.
- Mix together the condensed milk and milk and pour into the coffee.
- Stir and serve.