Iced coffee is taken up a notch with this easy Vietnamese iced coffee frappé. You only need three ingredients and a blender to have this delicious treat.
During the warmed months, iced coffee is my go-to everyday treat. I love making it myself because not only is it way more affordable, it’s also easy and I can control the amount of sweetness added. My favorite iced coffee is this frozen frappé made with sweetened condensed milk.
What is a frappé?
A frappé is pretty much an iced coffee slushy. Coffee, cream or milk and ice is blended into a frozen drink then topped with whipped cream.
How to make Vietnamese iced coffee
To make sure that my Vietnamese iced coffee is extra strong, I like to freeze brewed coffee in ice trays to use instead of ice. Blend the coffee ice cubes with cold brewed coffee of your choice, sweetened condensed milk and a splash of milk (optional) until frothy then pour in serving glasses and top with whipped cream.
Delicious frozen drinks for summer
- Watermelon frozen gin and tonic
- Frozen hot chocolate
- Irish coffee milkshake
- Jalapeño Margarita slushies
Vietnamese iced coffee frappé
- 4 cups brewed coffee cooled
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup milk
- 3 cups ice cubes (I use coffee ice cubes made with leftover brewed coffee)
- Whipped cream for serving
- Blend the coffee with the condensed milk, milk and ice cubes until smooth and frothy.
- Pour into glasses and top with whipped cream then serve.
Double coffee chocolate cake
Very delicious recipe. Love this Vietnamese iced coffee. I will try this at my home. Thank you for share this useful instruction.