All the Thanksgiving sides you want or need for Turkey day. From healthy greens to simple salads and decadent casseroles. These dishes are all showstoppers.
Thanksgiving menus can be difficult to plan because you need to make sure you’re serving all the classics while still catering to your, and your guests’ needs and wants. This list of Thanksgiving side dishes covers everything you could possibly serve with your turkey and don’t be surprised if one (or more) of them steal the spotlight.
Potato side dishes
Potatoes are universally loved and make perfect Thanksgiving sides. They are incredibly versatile and are a guaranteed crowd pleaser. Your guests will love these recipes.
- Parmesan garlic mashed potatoes
- Crispy salt and pepper smashed potatoes
- 3 cheese potatoes au gratin
- Hasselback potatoes with sriracha butter
- Bacon and brie potato bake
- Duck fat roast potatoes with herb salt
- Roasted cheesy potatoes
- Mini Hasselback potatoes with sour cream dip
- Twice baked potatoes
Make ahead side dishes
Recipes to make ahead so that more time can be spent with your guests.
- Cheesy broccoli bake
- Classic baked mac and cheese
- Easy bread stuffing
- Cheesy vegetable bake
- Cheesy cauliflower bake
- Creamy mushroom rice
- Creamy vegetable pot pie
Warm, fluffy bread is always a good idea. Any of these recipes will be a hit on your Thanksgiving table.
- Rosemary Pecorino Potato bread
- Easy garlic butter dinner rolls
- Bacon corn bread
- Homemade ham and cheese crescent rolls
- Swirly garlic rolls
Vegetables and salads (gluten free)
These recipes are great as side dishes but are also fantastic for vegetarians. They might even steal the show!
- Maple butter mashed sweet potatoes
- Easy cauliflower mash
- Creamed spinach stuffed butternut squash
- Easy spicy garlic roasted broccoli
- Easy side salad with lemon dressing
- Garlic Parmesan cauliflower
- Braised Brussels sprouts with bacon
- Roasted butternut squash salad with danish feta and cranberries
- Orange brown sugar glazed carrots
- Curry roasted sweet potatoes