This easy, delicious lemon caper sauce recipe is perfect served with fish, chicken or meat and makes a fantastic salad dressing.
Table of Contents
- Capers. Salt-packed or brined capers.
- Lemon. Lemon juice and zest.
- Olive oil.
- Salt and pepper.
How to make lemon caper sauce
- Prepare the capers: If using salt-packed capers, place then in a sieve and rinse to remove the salt. Allow the capers to drain then roughly chop (especially if they’re very big). Place them in a mixing bowl.
- Make the sauce: Add the olive oil, lemon juice and zest, finely chopped herbs, crushed garlic and season with salt and pepper. Mix until combined, taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
Can I make this ahead?
The sauce can be made up to a week ahead and kept in the fridge in an airtight container. Make sure to top the sauce with olive oil so that everything is submerged, this will preserve the ingredients in the sauce.
What to serve with lemon caper sauce
Easy sauce recipes
Easy lemon-caper sauce
- ½ cup capers chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon zest + juice
- 2 garlic clove crushed
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 2 tsp chives chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine chopped capers, lemon juice and zest, garlic and herbs in a bowl and add a few tablespoons of oil.
- Season with salt and pepper then serve with the fish, chicken, beef or pork.