Easy lemon orzo salad with cucumber, radishes and feta cheese is a delicious side dish recipe and perfect served as a meat free lunch.
Table of Contents
Full recipe + amounts can be found in the recipe card below.
- Orzo. Any pasta rice can be used.
- Cucumber. I used baby cucumbers but use any cucumber you have. You can peel and seed the cucumber.
- Feta cheese.
- Red onion.
- Fresh basil.
- Fresh parsley.
- Olive oil.
- Lemon juice.
- Salt and pepper.
How to make lemon orzo salad
- Cook the orzo: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add the orzo. Cook according to package instructions, until tender. Drain and rinse under cold running water. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Assemble the salad: Thinly slice the cucumber, red onion and radish. Cube the feta cheese and add all the salad ingredients to the orzo. Add the fresh herbs then dress with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Toss well and serve.
Can I make orzo salad in advance?
Absolutely! To help it last longer, peel and seed the cucumber before slicing. Add the fresh herbs before serving to avoid them wilting. Cover the salad with plastic and refrigerate up to a day in advance.
What to serve with orzo salad
Pasta salad recipes
Easy lemon orzo salad
- 500 g (1lb) orzo
- 3 cups cucumber sliced
- 1 cup radishes sliced
- 1 cup feta cheese cubed
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup basil leaves
- ½ cup parsley leaves
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the orzo and allow to cook according to package instructions until tender. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Transfer the drained orzo to a large bowl.
- Add the cucumber, radish, red onion, feta cheese and herbs.
- Dress with the olive oil, lemon, salt and pepper. Toss well to make sure everything is combined and serve.