These cheesy stuffing balls recipe is the perfect way to use up left-over stuffing after Thanksgiving or Christmas and makes a great snack.
Thanksgiving and Chrismas leftovers are just the best, aren’t they? There’s nothing like making yourself a really good sandwich with all those delicious bits that are left over after the big feast. But why just stick to a sandwich when there is so much more you can do with Thanksgiving leftovers?
These stuffing balls filled with melty mozzarella cheese is the ultimate celebration of leftovers. They have a similar vibe to Italian Arancini (risotto balls) and are so easy to make. You can stuff them with pretty much anything (leftover turkey and cranberry sauce with cheese would be uh-mazing!) before rolling them, coating them and frying them. Is it must me or is the day after Thanksgiving/Christmas starting to sound even more exciting?!
How to make leftover stuffing balls
Blend the leftover bread stuffing with an egg and a splash of milk to prevent it from being too dry in a food processor until smooth. Stuff cubes of cheese, leftover turkey or cranberry sauce in the centre and roll into golf-ball sized balls. Bread the stuffing balls by coating them first in flour, then beaten egg and finally in breadcrumbs. Fry in hot oil until golden brown and crisp then drain and serve with lemon wedges.
How long are leftovers good for in fridge?
Leftovers can be kept in the fridge for 3-4 days in a sealed container but I would keep an eye on it and if anything smells off/funny or looks like it’s dried out a lot then rather discard.
What to make out of leftovers?
- Leftover turkey BLT Club sandwich
- Healthy leftover turkey Caesar wrap
- Leftover ham and pea pasta bake
- Eggs Benedict with leftover ham
- Pea & leftover ham Frittata
Cheesy leftover stuffing balls
- 4 cups leftover bread stuffing
- 1 egg
- 3-4 tbsp milk
- 150 g mozzarella cheese cubed
- 2 cups flour seasoned
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- oil for frying
- Combine the stuffing, egg and milk in the bowl of a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Form golf-sized balls and stuff with a cube of cheese.
- Roll the stuffing balls first into the season flour, then coat with the beaten egg and finally in the breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil in a pot and fry the stuffing balls until golden brown and crisp.
- Remove then drain and serve with lemon wedges.
I was looking for a way to use my leftover stuffing and this looks perfect. Can these be cooked in an air fryer?
That cheese! Yuuuummmm!
Don’t you just love melty cheese. 😉
Love this! Definitely going to make extra stuffing so that I can make these the next day.
Wow this just sound good, am definitely trying it tonight. You my favorite Cook Alida keep the good work up. Love you and your recipe, every recipes I have tried by far are amazing. Thanks a lot
Thanks so much Dorah! 🙂