These mini hasselback potatoes are the cute, easy and totally delicious. Served with zesty sour cream dip, it’s the perfect appetizer for a crowd.
Full recipe + amounts can be found in the recipe card below.
- Baby/New potatoes.
- Olive oil.
- Salt and pepper.
- Sour cream.
- Garlic powder.
- Onion powder.
How to cut hasselback potatoes
The easiest way to cut hasselback potatoes is to use a sharp knife and make deep cuts while taking care not to cut all the way through. If you struggle with this, place two chopsticks on either side of the potato. This will act as a barrier for the knife. The thinner you make the cuts, the crispier the edges of the potatoes will become once baked.
Reheating and making ahead
You can prepare the mini hasselback potatoes up to 2 hours ahead and bake before serving. To speed up the baking process, you can par-boil the potatoes the day before and keep them in the fridge. Then simply slice, season and bake until golden and crisp. Baked hasselback potatoes can be reheated in a hot oven for 10-20 minutes until hot throughout.
- Spiced potato carrot soup
- Twice baked potatoes
- Crispy salt and pepper smashed potatoes
- Easy spicy garlic baked potato wedges
Mini hasselback potatoes
- 1 kg (2lbs) baby potatoes / new potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
For the sour cream dip
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp parsley finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F.
- Make cuts into each potato, taking care not to cut all the way through.
- Toss the potatoes with oil, salt and pepper.
- Place on a roasting tray and insert into the oven.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes until the potatoes are golden brown, crisp and cooked through.
- To make the dip, combine all the ingredients and mix well.
- Serve the cooked potatoes with sour cream dip.
Omg … adorable and delicious!! Totally impressed everyone at breakfast with these little guys. Thanks for this recipe 🙂
We made these last night. They were outstanding !!!! Delicious and ohh so Tasty.
We fallowed the directions to a T. Absolutely scrumptious
Amazing, I’m so happy to hear that Amanda.
OMG, these crispy potatoes look so cute and… visually appealing (if I can say so). Makes me wanna have them right now. It could be the perfect appetizer and side dish for dinner. And I love the way you serve it. I have a hunch that my kids will absolutely love these mini hasselback potatoes. Can’t wait to see how much they’ll enjoy these. The recipe is extremely easy, so I’ll probably make these awesome potatoes tomorrow. Lucky me, I have all the ingredients at home.
Thank you for this inspiration and all of your useful tips Alida! I’m so happy to have stumbled across your blog. Totally in love with it. Keep it up!