If you’re a peanut butter fan, you’re going to love these peanut butter bars stuffed with raspberry jam. They are the perfect easy dessert or sweet snack.
Table of Contents
The cookie dough is subtly flavored with peanut butter. I used regular store-bought smooth peanut butter. Natural peanut butter might be a little oily for this recipe so I would recommend using regular smooth or crunchy peanut butter (Skippy, Jif, etc) . I used raspberry jam but strawberry or mixed berry jam will also work.
- Flour. All purpose flour or cake flour.
- Baking powder.
- Sugar. I used white granulated sugar but brown sugar can be used as substitute for a chewy result.
- Butter. I used salted but unsalted butter can also be used.
- Peanut butter.
- Large eggs.
- Raspberry jam.
How to make peanut butter bars (summary)
- Make the dough:In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the room temperature butter, peanut butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a a time, beating well after each addition. Stir or whisk together the dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Add the flour mixture to the dough, mixing until just combined. Add a few tablespoons of milk and mix in.
- Assemble: Transfer three quarters of the dough to a lined, square baking dish (the one I used was 25cm x 25cm/9in x 9in). Press into the baking pan then top with a layer of peanut butter and swirl in the raspberry jam. Crumble over the remaining dough.
- Bake: Place the cookie bars in a preheated oven and allow to bake for 25 minutes until the dough is golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Slice: Remove the cookie bars from the pan and using a sharp knife, slice into squares.
Can I make these ahead?
The cookie bars can be made up to 5 days in advance and kept at room temperature in an airtight container. The dough can be made and frozen in a freezer bag for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge then assemble the peanut butter bars according to instructions.
Cookie bar recipes
- Peanut butter chocolate chip cookie bars
- White chocolate cranberry cookie bars
- Nutella-stuffed choc chip cookie bars
Raspberry Peanut Butter Bars
- ¾ cup butter room temperature
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp milk
For the filling
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup raspberry jam
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F and line a baking dish with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat together the butter, peanut butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at at time, beating well after each addition.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the peanut butter mixture then beat until just combined.
- Add the milk and mix.
- Transfer three quarters of the dough to the prepared baking dish and press into the bottom into an even layer.
- Spread the remaining peanut butter over the dough then swirl in the raspberry jam.
- Crumble over the remaining cookie dough.
- Place the baking dish into the oven and allow to bake for 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before removing from the pan and slicing into squares.