Spicy grilled chicken with corn salsa is an easy, delicious dinner recipe that can be done in less than 30 minutes, making it perfect for weeknight meals.
This is the kind of food I crave on hot days when I need something delicious, fast. The chicken can be prepared and marinated the day before (and I often do a big batch to cook throughout the week) and the same goes for the salsa. You can add warmed tortillas, guacamole or simple potato wedges as a side but honestly, the spicy chicken is simple perfection served just with the corn salsa.
How to make spicy grilled chicken
Place boneless skinless chicken breasts in between two sheet of parchment paper. Flatten the chicken with a meat mallet or rolling pin until the chicken is 1-2cm (half an inch) thick all the way through. To make the spicy marinade, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, garlic powder, hot paprika, chilli or red pepper flakes, lemon juice and salt and pour over the chicken.
Allow the chicken to marinade for at least 30 minutes. You can cover the chicken at this point and marinade for up to 24 hours in the fridge. Remove the chicken 30 minutes before cooking to allow it to come up to room temperature. Heat a grill or a grill pan on the stove over high heat. Cook the chicken for 2-3 minutes per side until golden brown and cooked through. Remove from the heat and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Grilled chicken recipes:
- BBQ Chicken salad
- 30-minute easy grilled chicken and vegetables
- Greek orzo salad with grilled chicken
What to serve with grilled chicken
- Cucumber, tomato and red onion salad
- Sun-dried tomato pesto pasta salad
- Spicy garlic potato wedges
- Lemon almond pilaf rice
- Pea and feta quinoa salad
Spicy grilled chicken with corn salsa
- Grill pan / outdoor grill
- 4 chicken breasts boneless and skinless
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp hot paprika
- 1 tsp chilli / red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp salt
For the corn salsa
- Place the chicken between two sheets of parchment paper.
- With a meat mallet or rolling pin, flatten the chicken out until the entire breast is around 2-3cm thick.
- Mix all the marinade ingredients together and pour over the chicken. Allow to marinade for at least 30 minutes but up to 24 hours, covered in the fridge.
- Pre-heat an outdoor grill or a grill pan on the stove until hot then cook the chicken for 3-4 minutes per side until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove from the heat and allow to rest for 5 minutes then serve with the corn salsa.
This recipe was great. The chicken was so juicy and the corn salsa really worked well. 5 stars!
So happy to hear that.
Great for healthy, quick dinners. I prepped double the amount of chicken to have throughout the week. Delicious!
It’s one of my go-to’s for healthy weeknight dinners so I’m so glad you like it too. Great idea making a big batch ahead!