Spicy grilled chicken with corn salsa is an easy, delicious dinner recipe that can be done in less than 30 minutes, making it perfect for weeknight meals.
This is the kind of food I crave on hot days when I need something delicious, fast. The chicken can be prepped and marinated the day before (and I often do a big batch to cook throughout the week) and the same goes for the salsa. You can add warmed tortillas, guacamole or simple potato wedges as a side but honestly, the spicy chicken is simple perfection served just with the corn salsa.
How to make grilled chicken with corn salsa
Place boneless, skinless chicken breasts in between two sheet of parchment paper. Flatten the chicken with a meat mallet/rolling pin until the chicken is 2-3cm thick all the way through. Marinate the chicken in a mixture of oil, lemon juice, garlic powder, hot paprika, chilli or red pepper flakes, lemon juice and salt for at least 30 minutes. You can cover the chicken at this point and marinade for up to 24 hours in the fridge. Grill the chicken on an outdoor grill or a grill pan on the stove until golden brown and cooked through. Serve with the charred corn salsa.
Grilled chicken recipes:
- BBQ Chicken salad
- 30-minute easy grilled chicken and vegetables
- Greek orzo salad with grilled chicken
What to serve with grilled chicken
- Cucumber, tomato and red onion salad
- Sun-dried tomato pesto pasta salad
- Spicy garlic potato wedges
- Lemon almond pilaf rice
- Pea and feta quinoa salad
Spicy grilled chicken with corn salsa
- Grill pan / outdoor grill
- 4 chicken breasts boneless and skinless
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp hot paprika
- 1 tsp chilli / red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp salt
For the corn salsa
- Place the chicken between two sheets of parchment paper.
- With a meat mallet or rolling pin, flatten the chicken out until the entire breast is around 2-3cm thick.
- Mix all the marinade ingredients together and pour over the chicken. Allow to marinade for at least 30 minutes but up to 24 hours, covered in the fridge.
- Pre-heat an outdoor grill or a grill pan on the stove until hot then cook the chicken for 3-4 minutes per side until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove from the heat and allow to rest for 5 minutes then serve with the corn salsa.