I have been a terribly bad blogger of late. I have a few valid excuses, a few of which I’ll share with you later this week but for now, all I can do is hope that this delectable dip will make up for my lack of posts for the last week or so.
I made this the first time for our NYE party and it was an instant hit. All of our guests loved it and I was begged for the recipe. I’ve made it a few times since then and I fall in love with it every single time. It’s spicy, salty, zesty and just perfect when served with crispy pita chips or as part of a tapas board. It’s also incredibly easy and quick to make if you have a good food processor. Taste as you go and adjust the flavours to suit your palate. I like it quite spicy, minty and lemony so I add loads of these flavourings. I make a big batch of this and keep it in my fridge to add zing to almost everything. It’s fantastic as a spread on a sandwich with chicken or ham and it’s just delicious on a lamb burger.
- 500g feta cheese
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- zest and juice from 1 lemon
- 1-2 red chillies, roughly chopped
- small handful fresh mint leaves
- pepper to taste
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Place all the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and blend until everything is roughly chopped.
- With the motor running, pour in the olive oil and blend until the dip is well blended and everything is finely chopped.
- Transfer the dip to a serving bowl and serve.
I used my Kitchen Aid food processor to make this dip. The food processor is available from TAKEALOT.com. This is not a sponsored post but TAKEALOT were incredibly generous by sending me the food processor. .