Completely decadent and delicious cinnamon-scented pumpkin bread swirled with Nutella is the perfect recipe for a Fall tea-time treat.
Good grief you guys. Are you aware that there are only 65 days left until Christmas? Sixty Five!! I can’t deal. There are only 6 weeks left until the twins turn 8. How the heck did that even happen? Where have the last 8 years gone? One day I’m exhausted and terrified at the thought of raising two babies and 8 years later I’m exhausted and wondering how in the World I managed to raise two babies.
Can we just all collectively agree to make time go by just a little slower please? I’d like for them to stay little just a small while longer. I asked Aidan what recipe he would most remember me by one day and (thankfully) he said that there are two many to mention. But then he said that my banana bread is probably one of his favourite foods to eat. And then of course he promptly asked me to bake a loaf again and asked if I could make it “the Nutella one” I once made. Aidan, like pretty much every other human on Earth, is obsessed with Nutella. He could eat it by the spoonful (and often do).
I once made a banana bread swirled with Nutella (similar to this peanut butter version) but decided to change things up a little and make a pumpkin version. What a damn good idea pumpkin bread was. And speaking of all things pumpkin: my very clever friend Mary Ann from The Beach House Kitchen made the most incredible Pumpkin roll on her gorgeous blog and you guys. Do yourself a favour and go check it out. Mary Ann’s blog is filled with the most drool-worthy recipes and her photos are just dreamy.
And since I’m so jealous of Americans at this time of year, I’ll pretend I’m also preparing for Halloween and enjoying all things Fall/Autumn by eating generous slices of this incredibly lush pumpkin bread with its Nutella swirls. Cup of tea: Mandatory.
- 125g (1/2 cup) butter, room temperature
- 200g (1 cup) light brown sugar
- 2 extra-large eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 250g (2 cups) cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¾ cup Nutella
- Pre-heat the oven to 180º and grease and line a standard loaf tin with parchment/baking paper.
- In the bowl of a mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in the pumpkin puree and vanilla extract.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and spices then fold into the butter mixure.
- Transfer to the prepared loaf pan.
- Place spoonfuls of Nutella onto the batter and swirl with a skewer/knife.
- Place the loaf pan in the oven and allow to bake for 30-45 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before serving.