Juicy asparagus stuffed chicken with mozzarella is an easy spring dinner recipe. Serve with a side salad and crispy potatoes for the best family meal.
How do you make asparagus stuffed chicken?
How do you know when stuffed chicken is done?
The chicken is cooked when the meat is white throughout. The internal temperature should read 73ºC/165ºF.
What do you eat with stuffed chicken?
- Crispy salt and pepper smashed potatoes
- Easy side salad with lemon dressing
- Easy oven baked fries
- Pea and feta quinoa salad
Cheesy asparagus stuffed chicken
- 4 chicken breasts de-boned + skinless
- 16 asparagus spears steamed
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- lemon juice to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 220ºC/430ºF.
- Butterfly the chicken breasts and season on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place 4 spears of steamed asparagus and a few spoonfuls of grated cheese into each chicken breast. Close and secure with skewers.
- Heat a large, oven-proof frying pan and sear the chicken in a splash of oil until golden brown on both sides.
- Place the chicken in the oven and allow to bake for 10-15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.