Juicy asparagus stuffed chicken with mozzarella is an easy spring dinner recipe. Serve with a side salad and crispy potatoes for the best family meal.
How do you make asparagus stuffed chicken?
Butterfly skinless, de-boned chicken breasts (make a long, cut on the side of the chicken breast, taking care not to cut all the way through) and season on both sides. Place a few steamed asparagus spears on the inside of each chicken breasts with a tablespoon or two of grated mozzarella cheese. Close the chicken and secure with skewers. Pan-fry the chicken until golden brown on both sides and then place in the oven to cook through. Allow the chicken to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
How do you know when stuffed chicken is done?
The chicken is cooked when the meat is white throughout. The internal temperature should read 73ºC/165ºF.
What do you eat with stuffed chicken?
- Crispy salt and pepper smashed potatoes
- Easy side salad with lemon dressing
- Easy oven baked fries
- Pea and feta quinoa salad
Cheesy asparagus stuffed chicken
Juicy asparagus stuffed chicken with mozzarella is an easy spring dinner recipe. Serve with a side salad and crispy potatoes for the best family meal.Print Pin Rate Add to Shopping ListGo to Shopping List
- 4 chicken breasts de-boned + skinless
- 16 asparagus spears steamed
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- lemon juice to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 220ºC/430ºF.
- Butterfly the chicken breasts and season on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place 4 spears of steamed asparagus and a few spoonfuls of grated cheese into each chicken breast. Close and secure with skewers.
- Heat a large, oven-proof frying pan and sear the chicken in a splash of oil until golden brown on both sides.
- Place the chicken in the oven and allow to bake for 10-15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Calories: 213kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 90mg | Sodium: 307mg | Potassium: 571mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 655IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 242mg | Iron: 1.9mg
Leave a Reply