Chicken asparagus pasta with creamy lemon sauce is a delicious dinner recipe the whole family will love, ready in less than 30 minutes.
Table of Contents
How to make chicken asparagus pasta
- Cook the chicken: Whenever I make chicken pasta, I prefer cooking the chicken breasts whole. This results in soft and juicy chicken every time. Slicing the chicken and then cooking with the sauce almost always overcooks the chicken and nobody wants overcooked, dry chicken. This way of doing it allow the chicken to stay juicy and form a beautiful golden crust. Flatten the chicken with a meat mallet (you can also slice the chicken in half horizontally to create 2 thin fillets) then season and sear in a hot pan until golden brown and cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Make the creamy sauce: In the same pan (you want to use all that delicious golden fond on the bottom of the pan from the chicken), saute garlic until fragrant. Pour in the cream and lemon juice and add the asparagus. Simmer until the asparagus is just starting to soften then add the Parmesan and season to taste. Simmer for a few more minutes. Slice the chicken and add it back to the sauce then toss in cooked pasta. I always reserve a cup of the pasta’s cooking water to add to the sauce. Add the water a few tablespoons at a time until the pasta is well coated in the creamy sauce.
What can I used instead of asparagus?
- Green beans
- Sugar snap peas
Chicken pasta recipes
- Creamy broccoli chicken pasta
- Rosemary cream chicken pasta
- Creamy spinach garlic chicken pasta
- Lemon Chicken piccata meatballs with pasta
Creamy lemon chicken asparagus pasta
Chicken asparagus pasta with creamy lemon sauce is a delicious dinner recipe the whole family will love, ready in less than 30 minutes.Print Pin Rate
- 500 g (1lb) chicken breasts
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp garlic powder/garlic salt
- salt and pepper to taste
For the creamy lemon sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves crushed/minced
- 1 cup heavy/whipping cream
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese finely grated
- 2 cups asparagus washed and chopped into 2cm/1inch pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- 500 g (1lb) pasta of your choice cooked
- Place the chicken breasts in between to sheets of parchment paper or plastic and flatten out to approximately 1cm/half inch with a rolling pin or a meat mallet.
- Drizzle with two teaspoons of olive oil and season on both sides with the oregano, garlic, salt and pepper. Rub in the spices.
- Heat a large pan over high heat. Add the chicken and allow to cook for 4-5 minutes per side until golden brown on both sides and cooked through. Remove and set aside.
- To make the sauce, add the olive oil and garlic to the pan and cook for 30 seconds. Pour in the cream and lemon juice. Bring to a simmer.
- Add the asparagus to the sauce and allow to cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the Parmesan and season to taste. Slice the chicken into strips then add back to the sauce.
- Toss with cooked pasta (and a splash of the pasta cooking water to loosen the sauce) and serve.
Calories: 450kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 154mg | Sodium: 270mg | Potassium: 728mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 920IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 138mg | Iron: 4mg