Roasted cauliflower seasoned with Garam Masala and cardamom is the delicious gluten free and keto side dish recipe your dinner needs.
Roasting cauliflower is a great way to introduce toasty, nutty flavors. If you aren’t usually a fan of cauliflower, roasting it with curry spices is guaranteed to change your mind. It makes a great side dish for pretty much any meat dish and will be a delicious addition to a vegetarian meal.
How to roast cauliflower
- Prepare the cauliflower: Slice the florets from one to two heads of cauliflower and chop the stems into bite-sized chunks.
- Season: Add a few tablespoons of oil, curry powder or Garam Masala, ground cardamom, chilli flakes (red pepper flakes), salt and pepper. Toss well to coat the cauliflower in the spices.
- Roast: Place the cauliflower in an even layer on a large baking sheet. Roast at 200ºC/390ºF for approximately 30-45 minutes, tossing half way through. The cauliflower is ready when a knife can easily be inserted and the cauliflower is caramelized.
Can you freeze this?
I wouldn’t recommend freezing cauliflower because the texture can be very watery once thawed. Roasted cauliflower can be kept in the fridge for up to 4 days in an airtight container. To reheat the cauliflower, toast in a hot pan until warmed through and crispy around the edges.
Can you roast frozen cauliflower?
Yes, you can. Roast the cauliflower from frozen and increase the oven’s temperature to 220ºC/430ºF. You want to make sure the cauliflower doesn’t steam in the oven so a higher temperature is essential.
What to serve with roasted cauliflower
- Garlic Parmesan cauliflower
- Cauliflower tikka masala
- Lamb ragu with cauliflower gnocchi
- Crispy beer battered cauliflower
Curry roasted caulilflower
- 1 kg (2lbs) cauliflower Stems trimmed from florets.
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp Garam Masala
- ½ tsp chilli flakes / red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp ground cardamom
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/390°F.
- Place the trimmed florets and stems into a large bowl.
- Pour over the oil then add the spices. Toss to coat the cauliflower in the spices.
- Spray a large sheet pan with cooking spray. Transfer the cauliflower to the sheet pan and distribute so that the cauliflower is in a single layer.
- Place in the preheated oven and allow to roast for 30-45 minutes or until the cauliflower is fork tender and caramelized around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
Leave a Reply