Cauliflower seasoned with garlic and Parmesan before roasted to golden, crisp deliciousness is the perfect easy side dish recipe.
I love roasted cauliflower and broccoli. I make it more often than I’d care to admit. It’s just so easy and quick to throw together before the oven does all the work for me. I allow the cauliflower to roast for a little longer because I love how crispy the edges get. The garlic Parmesan seasoning makes this Parmesan cauliflower so good, you won’t be judged for eating it straight out of the pan!
How to roast cauliflower
Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F. Cut two medium heads of cauliflower (approximately 750g/1½lbs) into florets. Cut the stems into chunks and place in a large bowl with the florets. Add olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder and freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Toss to coat the cauliflower in the seasoning. Transfer the cauliflower to a large rimmed sheet pan. Make sure the cauliflower is in a single layer to ensure they roast and brown evenly.
Place in the oven and allow to roast for 30-45 minutes, tossing half-way through, or until the cauliflower is cooked and golden brown all over. Remove from the oven and serve.
Can you roast frozen cauliflower?
Yes, you can. The cauliflower might not crisp up quite as much and you’ll have to roast it for 10-15 minutes longer.
Easy side dish recipes
- Spicy garlic roasted broccoli
- Easy oven baked fries
- Crispy salt and pepper smashed potatoes
- Cucumber, tomato and red onion salad
- Cauliflower tikka masala
- Crispy beer battered cauliflower
- Easy cauliflower mash
- Cheesy cauliflower bake
Roasted garlic Parmesan cauliflower
- 750 g (1½lb) cauliflower trimmed into florets, stems roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F.
- Combine cauliflower, oil, garlic, Parmesan, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
- Toss to coat the cauliflower in the seasoning.
- Transfer to a large, rimmed baking sheet. Make sure the cauliflower is in a single layer so it will roast and brown evenly.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes (turning halfway through) or until the cauliflower is cooked through and golden brown all over. Remove from the oven and serve.
Can this be done in the airfryer or is oven best?
The air fryer will work well!