Completely decadent and delicious cinnamon-scented pumpkin bread swirled with Nutella is the perfect recipe for a Fall tea-time treat.
In our house, banana bread reigns supreme as the most delicious breakfast/snack/second breakfast, etc. but it has a strong contender in this delicious, easy pumpkin bread recipe. Because not only is pumpkin bread uh-mazing, this one is swirled with Nutella and so obviously, it wins at life. But all jokes aside, if you make one pumpkin recipe this year, it should be this one. You will NOT be disappointed.
It’s filled with pumpkin (I used fresh but you could definitely use canned) and cinnamon giving it that warm deliciousness and that Nutella swirl adds sweet chocolate to every bite. So good!
How do you make easy pumpkin bread?
A pumpkin bread is very similar to banana bread and consists of a simple batter flavored with pumpkin puree and spices. Canned pumpkin can be used but I prefer to cook and puree fresh pumpkin/butternut squash as I think the flavor is so much better.
How do you make pumpkin puree from fresh pumpkin?
Halve/quarter (if very large) your pumpkin/butternut squash then place cut-side down on a baking tray, add 1 cup of water and cover with foil. Place in the oven at 160ºc/320ºF and allow to roast for at least an hour or until the pumpkin is very soft. Remove from the oven, discard the seeds and scoop out the flesh. Puree in a food processor or with a hand blender until smooth. Allow to cool before using.
Nutella-swirled pumpkin bread
- 125 g 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 200 g 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 extra-large eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 250 g 2 cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¾ cup Nutella
- Pre-heat the oven to 180º and grease and line a standard loaf tin with parchment/baking paper.
- In the bowl of a mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in the pumpkin puree and vanilla extract.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and spices then fold into the butter mixure.
- Transfer to the prepared loaf pan.
- Place spoonfuls of Nutella onto the batter and swirl with a skewer/knife.
- Place the loaf pan in the oven and allow to bake for 30-45 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before serving.