A delicious Greek mezze platter filled with pita bread, dips, fresh vegetables and cheese is the perfect way to feed a crowd and perfect for entertaining.
What is mezze?
Mezze (or meze) is a variety of small dishes or plates (similar to tapas) that can be served as an appetizer or as an entire meal as the range of mezze dishes is vast and incredibly versatile.
How to make a mezze platter
I like to include a little bit of everything on my platters. All the components of Greek salad make an appearance as well as juicy meatballs, dips like hummus and tzatziki, warmed pita bread and dolmades (stuffed vine leaves) are all crucial elements.
Use the biggest platter you can find and fill it with generous amounts of all your chosen ingredients before serving.
What to put on a mezze platter?
- Greek meatballs with feta cheese
- Pork souvlaki skewers
- Easy marinated eggplant
- Grilled calamari/octopus
- Dolmades (stuffed vine leaves)
- Kalamata olives
- Feta cheese
- Grilled haloumi cheese with lemon
- Skordalia (garlic potato dip)
- Taramasalata (fish roe dip)
- Baby cucumbers
- Fresh tomatoes
- Pita bread
- Easy flatbread
- Tiropita (Greek feta pies)
- Small spanakopita (Spinach phyllo pies)
Love Greek food? Try these recipes:
Greek mezze platter
- Place all the ingredients on a large platter in groups to make serving easier.
- Drizzle the feta cheese with olive oil and sprinkle with dried oregano.
- Drizzle olive oil over the hummus and top with toasted pine nuts (optional)
- Add warmed pita bread and serve.