Chicken Escalopes with Olive, Caper & Tomato dressing

Chicken Escalopes with olive, caper & tomato dressing Chicken features on our menu at least twice a week and as I’ve said before, after the 100th time of trying to cook it differently, it becomes hard to get creative! Especially during the summer months when being in a hot kitchen is about as appealing as a full body wax (well for me anyway). Chicken Escalopes with olive, caper & tomato dressing Knowing I had to develop a recipe using Mediterranean Delicacies’ Calamata Style Olives, I wanted to keep whatever I was going to make fresh, light and perfect for Summer eating. I wanted the olives to have a starring roll and thought the chicken would be the perfect, simple backdrop. Chicken Escalopes with olive, caper & tomato dressing This dressing is quite amazing. It is such a pleasure to eat as the salt, almost-bitter olives paired with sharp and vinegary capers and sweet cherry tomatoes just work so well together. I had to stop myself from eating spoonfulls straight out of the bowl before dinner. I added lemon juice, olive oil and fresh parsley to make it into a ‘dressing’ and served on top of the warm chicken escalopes, it was just delightful! Serves 4 4 large skinless chicken breasts, de-boned 1 cup flour, seasoned with salt & pepper for the dressing 1 cup Mediterranean DelicaciesCalamata Style Olives, pitted and roughly chopped 2 tbsp capers (if the capers you buy are packaged in salt, rinse and drain them before using) 1 cup cherry tomatoes, roughly chopped 1/2 cup olive oil juice of 1 lemon 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped salt & pepper to taste

1. Start by pounding the chicken between two layers of cling film until approximately 1cm thick.
  2. Coat the chicken in the seasoned flour and fry in a hot pan until browned on either side and cooked through (approximately 1-2 minutes per side).
  3. In the meanwhile, combine all the ingredients for the dressing and set aside.
  4. When the chicken is cooked, remove from the pan and serve topped with the dressing.
To win a hamper filled to the brim with fabulous Mediterranean Delicacies products, visit their Facebook page.

Mediterranean Delicacies can be found at select Pick n Pay, Shoprite Checkers, Spar, Fruit & Veg City and independent retailers nationwide.

• Sam

Wow – fabulous flavour, all my favourite kinds of things.

• Anna

Truly bursting with flavors! The dressing is amazing. Gives the whole thing a unifying element. Great dish! Thanks for sharing.

• Jana

Wow! Stunning, mouthwatering photography!
    Makes me wish I liked olives.

• Michele

Delicious dinner. Even better lunch the next day…cut up leftover chicken, placed on top of a bowl of mixed greens, drizzled olive oil and squeezed some lemon juice on top to augment the leftover dressing that I put on top. Next time I will double dressing…its as good as Alida says it is. Thanks for a fabulous recipe!

• ChrisMRyder

That sounds absolutely delicious Michele! So glad you liked it.

That sounds absolutely delicious! Such a great idea Michele!

• hippiesailor

I used sundried tomatoes instead of ripe, I dont digest ripe tomatoes well. I also added some shredded provolone, asiago, parm, mozzarella cheese to the dressing. I made rice and covered the chicken and rice in the dressing. The rice was great seasoned with the dressing as well. Ate it by the forkfull! I used lots of parsley as well because I love the flavor. This is a great basic recipe that you make changes every time you make it.

• Helen

I enjoyed this recipe lots and I have blogged about it – I hope you dont mind. I linked back here. http://nelliemakes.wordpress.com/2014/06/25/pinning-dinner-olive-caper-tomato-dressing/

Thank you so much for sharing it Helen! I’m glad you enjoyed it.

• Kaitlin

This was great!! There was way too much flour for coating 4 breasts-next time I’d half it. Thanks for the great recipe!!

So glad you liked it Kaitlin.