This green bean salad with juicy tomatoes and cubes of feta cheese with a simple garlic lemon vinaigrette is a delicious, healthy and easy side dish recipe.
Full recipe + amounts can be found in the recipe card below.
- Green beans.
- Feta cheese.
- Olive oil.
- Lemon juice.
- Salt and pepper.
How to make green bean salad
- Prepare the green beans: Trim the green beans and slice into 1-2 inch (5cm) pieces. Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and add the green beans. Simmer for 5 minute or until the green beans are just tender. Remove and place in a bowl of cold water then drain.
- Make the dressing: Grate fresh garlic with a microplain or chop very finely. Combine with olive oil, fresh lemon juice, salt and pepper. Pour over the green beans and allow to marinate for at least 10 minutes.
- Assemble: Chop tomatoes (I quartered mine because they were a little larger than cherry tomatoes) and add to the green beans. Cube feta cheese and add.
The green beans and feta can be marinated up to 24 hours ahead of serving. Add the tomatoes right before serving. Leftover salad can be kept in the fridge for up to 24 hours. The tomatoes will become a little soft and mushy if kept for longer than that.
What to serve with green bean salad
- Greek grilled chicken skewers
- Easy lemon-garlic lamb chops
- Grilled steak with blistered tomatoes
- Garlic herb pork fillet skewers
Easy salad recipes
Tomato feta green bean salad
- 500 g (1lb) green beans trimmed and halved
- 250 g (½lb) tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup cubed feta cheese
For the dressing
- 1-2 garlic cloves finely grated/chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the green beans and cook for 5 minutes. Remove and place in a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking immediately. Drain and add to a bowl.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together then pour over the green beans. Mix well then allow to marinade for at least 10 minutes but up to 24 hours covered in the fridge. You can add the feta cheese at this stage as well if you prefer.
- When you're ready to serve, add the feta cheese and tomatoes, toss well and serve.