Table of Contents
- 0.1 Chopped salad is an easy, tasty salad recipe perfect for Summer eating. It’s great for emptying the fridge and is perfect for effortless entertaining. Vegetarian, gluten-free and low carb too!
- 1 How to make easy chopped salad
- 2 Have you tried this recipe? Leave a comment and rating below!
- 3 Chopped salad with lemon vinaigrette
- 4 Summer salad recipes you will love
Chopped salad is an easy, tasty salad recipe perfect for Summer eating. It’s great for emptying the fridge and is perfect for effortless entertaining. Vegetarian, gluten-free and low carb too!
During the warmer months, this easy chopped salad recipe is served more often than I’d like to admit. I serve it with grilled meats and fish, with pita breads and dips and often as lunch when I’m too lazy to make anything else. It’s one of those recipes that I’ve had in my ‘repertoire’ forever and has become such a constant in our lives. I’ve never even thought of sharing it here as it really is just too simple for words but a friend recently asked that I send her the recipe and so I thought I might as well post it here as well.
How to make easy chopped salad
The great thing about a chopped salad is that you can add whatever you want. If you’d like you can add avocado, celery, carrots, sweetcorn, spring onion and sugar snap peas. Anything goes, really. I just have red onion, tomato, cucumber and feta at hand permanently so these are featured in this salad more often than not. I also like to change the ingredients depending on what I’m serving the salad with. If it’s just a simple weeknight salad, this version works perfectly. If we are having a rich, spicy curry, I love adding spring onion and cilantro, With Mexican recipes, adding charred sweetcorn, cilantro, finely chopped chillies and cubed avocado creates a flavor explosion.
Dressing for chopped salad
As for the dressing for this chopped salad, I really like to keep things simple. A good lemon vinaigrette is always a good idea and this one is as easy as they come. Fresh lemon, a splash of vinegar, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper are all you need. Mix it up, pour over the chopped salad and you’re good to go. Summer eating at its best!
Have you tried this recipe? Leave a comment and rating below!
Chopped salad with lemon vinaigrette
- 1 large English cucumber seeds removed
- 4 plum/Roma tomatoes / 3 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 large red onion
- 200 g Greek feta
for the lemon vinaigrette
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 garlic clove crushed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Chop the cucumber, tomatoes, onion and feta into small cubes and combine in a bowl.
- To make the dressing, combine all the ingredients and mix well.
- When you are ready to serve, pour the dressing over the salad and mix well.
- Garnish with parsley (optional) and serve.