Sugar snap peas are a delicious and easy side dish sautéed with lemon and garlic until slightly charred and perfectly cooked.
Full recipe with amounts can be found in the recipe card below.
- Sugar snap peas. Mange tout or snow peas can also be used.
- Olive oil. Any neutral oil will work. Avocado oil, Canola oil, etc.
- Chilli flakes / Red pepper flakes.
- Fresh lemon juice.
- Salt and pepper.
How to cook sugar snap peas
- Sauté: Heat a splash of oil in a large frying pan set over high heat. You want the sugar snaps to cook quickly so high heat is necessary.
- Cook: Add the sugar snaps and cook, tossing regularly, until they start to char slightly. Add the garlic, chilli and lemon juice then season with salt and pepper. Cook for another minute or two then serve.
Cook’s tip: This cooking method works very well with most green vegetables. Broccolini, green beans, asparagus, Brussels sprouts, zucchini/courgette, kale and even mushrooms are all delicious when cooked this way.
Can you eat sugar snap peas raw?
Absolutely, they are one of my favorite snacks. However, when you want a quick and easy side dish, cooking them is a great way to get in some really good vitamins and nutrients. The entire pod and peas inside are completely edible.
Easy side dish recipes
- Cucumber, tomato and red onion salad
- 10-minute lemon garlic sautéed broccolini
- Bacon garlic sautéed green beans
Easy garlic lemon sugar snap peas
Sugar snap peas are a delicious and easy side dish sautéed with lemon and garlic until slightly charred and perfectly cooked.Print Pin Rate Add to Shopping ListGo to Shopping List
Servings: 4 - 6
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 500 g (1lb) sugar snap peas
- 3-4 garlic cloves crushed
- pinch of chilli flakes
- 1-2 tsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a splash of oil in a large frying pan set over high heat.
- Add the sugar snaps and cook, tossing regularly, until they start to char slightly.
- Add the garlic, chilli and lemon juice then season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for another minute or two then serve.
Calories: 58kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 4mg | Potassium: 174mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 906IU | Vitamin C: 51mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 2mg
Leave a Reply