This fresh pineapple and passion fruit mojito is the ideal summer cocktail. Serve with plenty of ice, fresh mint and lemon slices. It’s also perfect made into a virgin mojito as a refreshing drink.
Full recipe with amounts can be found in the recipe card below.
- Pineapple. You could substitute with pineapple juice and skip the blending step.
- Passion fruit.
- Sugar. Simple syrup, honey or agave can also be used.
- Rum. White rum is traditionally used but you could substitute with vodka if preferred. Alternatively, leave out the alcohol to make this a delicious virgin cocktail.
- Fresh lemons/limes.
- Soda water/Club soda.
How to make a pineapple passion fruit mojito
- Blend: Place the pineapple, water, rum, sugar and lemon juice in a blender then blend until smooth. If preferred you can strain out the solids.
- Make the mojito: Fill glasses with ice then add mint leaves, lemon/lime slices and passion fruit pulp. Pour in the pineapple mojito mix and top with soda water then serve.
Can I make this in advance?
The pineapple mixture can be made up to 2 days in advance and kept covered in the fridge. The mojitos can also be made for a crowd by mixing everything in a serving jug (with the lemon, mint and ice). If using a jug, the cocktail can be made up to an hour in advance and kept in the fridge until ready to serve.
Fresh pineapple & passion fruit mojito
- 3 cups pineapple chopped into chunks
- ½ cup water
- 2 teaspoons sugar optional
- ? cup light rum
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 4 passion fruit seeds and pulp removed
- soda water club soda
- ice to serve
- lemon slices to serve
- fresh mint to serve
- Blend the pineapple, water, rum and sugar together until smooth.
- To make the cocktail, fill glasse with ice, mint and lemon slices and top with passion fruit pulp.
- Pour in the pineapple mix and top with soda water then serve.