This peri-peri chicken salad recipe is perfect for lunch or a healthy dinner and the spicy peri-peri marinade on the chicken will have you coming back for more.
What I love so much about this salad is that the chicken takes all of 5 minutes to cook (if your pan is really hot) and the spicy, aromatic peri-peri marinade results in the tastiest grilled chicken ever. If you’ve ever had Nando’s, you’ll know where I’m going with this. The chicken breasts stay super juicy and tender due to the short cooking time and along with a salad packed full of fresh, vibrant vegetables, makes for an unbelievably easy and delicious healthy lunch or dinner.
Full recipe with amounts can be found in the recipe card below.
- Chicken breasts.
- Peri-Peri sauce.
- Olive oil.
- Lemon juice.
- Salt & Pepper.
- Sweet corn.
- Tomatoes. I used cherry tomatoes but use any ripe tomatoes of your choice.
- Feta cheese.
- Olives. I used Kalamata olives.
How to make peri-peri chicken salad
- Marinate and grill the chicken: Combine the peri-peri sauce, olive oil, lemon, honey and seasoning then pour over the chicken and allow to marinate. Grill/pan-fry the chicken in a hot pan for 2-3 minutes per side until caramelized and cooked through. Remove and allow to rest before slicing.
- Char the corn: Brush the corn with oil then allow to cook in a hot pan/grill until charred. Remove from the heat then slice the kernels off the cobs.
- Assemble the salad: In a large platter or bowl, add the lettuce leaves then top with tomatoes, olives, feta cheese, corn and sliced avocado. Add the sliced chicken then dress with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
What to serve with grilled chicken salad
Grilled chicken salad recipes
- BBQ Chicken salad
- Chicken quinoa salad with peas and feta
- Chicken Caprese salad
- Greek orzo salad with grilled chicken
Peri-Peri chicken salad with charred corn
for the peri-peri chicken
- 4 skinless chicken breasts sliced in half lengthwise, giving you 8 thin chicken breasts)
- 2 tablespoons peri-peri sauce
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- salt & pepper to taste
for the salad
- 2-4 ears of corn
- salad leaves of your choice
- ripe avocado sliced
- cherry tomatoes halved
- feta cheese cubed
- olive oil
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- salt & pepper to taste
- Combine the peri-peri sauce, olive oil, honey, lemon and seasoning and mix well. Pour over the chicken breasts and marinade for at least 10 minutes.
- While the chicken is marinating, char the corn, brush the corn with olive oil and place in a hot griddle pan, rotating every few minutes until the corn is charred all over. Remove and set aside.
- To cook the chicken, place the chicken on the hot griddle pan you used for the corn and cook for 2-3 minutes per side or until the chicken is cooked to your preference.
- Remove from the pan and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- To assemble the salad, place the salad leaves, sliced avocado, cherry tomatoes, olives and feta cheese on a large platter. Slice the corn kernels off the cobs and add to the salad.
- Slice the grilled chicken and place on the salad then dress with olive oil, lemon juice and season to taste.
- Serve immediately.
- *If you are planning to pack this for lunch, keep the dressing separate and dress just before serving.
Mike from Chili Pepper Madness
Peri Peri sauce is one of my favorites. So glad to see it enjoying some glory! Great recipe.
Thanks so much Mike! 🙂
I make your peri-peri sauce weekly and always just dollop on food after it’s cooked but this is genius! I love the idea of it as a marinade.
That’s so great to hear Gen. It is so perfect as a marinade if you like things spicy. 🙂
Love love love this recipe. Make it all the time. Your peri-peri sauce is my best!
Yay! So glad you like this recipe Meg.
Made this salad for lunch today and loved it. The chicken was so tasty and I loved the spice.
I’m so happy you tried it and loved it Jolene!
Cathy | whatshouldimakefor.com
i’m so jealous that your summer is just starting as ours winds down. this salad screams summer and yes to corn in everything!
Corn enthusiasts unite! 🙂
rebecca | DisplacedHousewife
What a gorgeous salad Alida!!! And I loved seeing the kids in the pool…makes me already miss summer here!! xo
Thanks so much R. Yeah, they really love the pool and I know that’s where we’ll be spending all of our time over the next few months.
I LOVE peri-peri chicken so this is right up my alley. All these ingredients would be great in a wrap or pita too.
Me too. I could have it every day. And yes, this salad would be great in a wrap/pita!
This salad looks so good. I’m definitely making it for lunch this week.
Thanks Jenni! Let me know what you think of it once you’ve tried it!
Karen @ Seasonal Cravings
I cannot wait to try that peri-peri sauce. It looks so flavorful and delicious. Hope you had a great weekend Alida!
The peri-peri sauce is such a great condiment to have in the fridge. I really love spicy food so I eat it with everything!
Mary Ann | The Beach House Kitchen
This is one gorgeous salad Alida! I love everything you’ve combined here. And that peri-peri sauce sounds amazing. Hope the temps cool down for you. Although the kids seem to be loving the pool! Stay cool and have a wonderful week!
Thanks so much Mary Ann. The kids are absolutely loving the pool so at least there’s one good thing about Summer. 😉