A quick and easy cucumber and radish salad with lemon and dill. The perfect refreshing, healthy side dish for grilled meat and fish.
Full recipe + amounts can be found in the recipe card below.
- Cucumber. I used baby cucumbers but any fresh cucumber will work fine.
- Radishes. I used a variety but again, any will be delicious.
- Fresh lemon.
- Fresh dill.
- Olive oil.
- Salt and pepper.
How to make cucumber radish salad
- Prepare the vegetables: Wash and thinly slice the cucumber and radishes. If the cucumber you are using has a very thick or tough skin, feel free to remove it with a potato peeler before slicing. You could also halve the slices into half-moon shapes if the cucumber is very large. Place into a large mixing bowl then add fresh dill. I just pick the leaves off the stems but you could chop the dill too. Other additions to this salad could be crumbled feta cheese, red onion or tomatoes.
- Make the dressing: Whisk olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper together then pour over the salad. I have made this dressing with red wine vinegar instead of lemon and it was delicious. It will also be great with half a teaspoon of garlic added.
- Combine and allow to marinate: I allow the salad to marinade for 5-10 minutes before serving. It’s optional but I do find there’s a difference in how much juicier and flavorful the cucumber and radishes are.
Can I make this salad ahead?
You can slice the vegetables up to 4 hours in advance and keep in the fridge. The marinade can be poured over up to 20 minutes in advance. If you would prefer to assemble the salad fully longer in advance removing the seeds from the cucumber will prevent everything form getting too soggy.
What to serve with radish salad
Easy salad recipes
Easy cucumber radish salad
- 350 g (12oz) cucumber thinly sliced (approximately 3 cups)
- 150 g (5oz) radishes thinly sliced (approximately 1 cup)
- 2 tbsp fresh dill
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and thinly slice the cucumber and radish. Place in a large bowl. Add the dill.
- Combine the salad dressing ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix well.
- Allow to marinade for 5-10 minutes before serving.