Cheesy jalapeño popper potato skins are a fantastic, easy appetizer or snack and will be the talk of your next party, guaranteed.
I have a problem. It’s called “Jalapeño popper addiction”. I can not get enough. I want to eat them everyday and in every possible way. How can you say no to cheesy, spicy, bacon-y goodness? And where I can, I like to shove jalapeño poppers into other recipes to make them even more awesome. Enter: jalapeño popper potato skins!
Crispy potato skins? Cheese, oozy filling? Bacon??? Let’s face it, we’re talking food dreams galore here. It also helps that this is such a simple recipe and that it’s guaranteed to impress. Not only is it the perfect snack to serve with drinks (if you can share), it’s also great served at room temperature which means its a perfect lunchbox filler (simply omit the chilies if you’re serving to kids). I seriously suggest adding all these ingredients to your shopping list because you really, really need these in your life.
How to make potato skins?
Rub potatoes with olive oil and season with salt then bake until they are cooked through. Halve and scoop out the cooked potato flesh (perfect for mashed potatoes). Drizzle the potato skins with olive oil and bake for another 10 minutes until crisp. Fill with filling of your choice and bake until filling is hot throughout.
How do I make crispy potato skins?
By baking the potato skins before filling them, you can ensure the potato skins are crisp and golden.
Can potato skins be made ahead of time?
Absolutely. You can either prep the potato skins ahead of time and just fill and bake off before serving or you can finish the potato skins completely and just re-heat in a hot oven before serving.
- Crispy salt and pepper smashed potatoes
- Easy spicy garlic baked potato wedges
- Hasselback potatoes with sriracha butter
- Bacon and brie potato bake
- Roast potatoes with herb salt
- Garlic parmesan mashed potatoes
- Roasted cheesy breakfast potatoes
- Creamy potato salad with condensed milk dressing
Cheesy jalapeño popper potato skins
- 6 potatoes baked
for the filling
- 1 cup plain cream cheese
- 10 strips approximately 250g streaky bacon, chopped and fried until crisp
- 1-2 jalapenos seeds removed (optional) and finely chopped
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- salt & pepper to taste
for the topping
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°c.
- Halve the baked potatoes and scoop out the flesh (use this to make the fluffiest mash).
- Drizzle the potato skins with olive oil then place on a baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes until crisp and golden.
- In a bowl, combine all the filling ingredients (reserve some of the bacon to sprinkle on top).
- Fill the potato skins with the filling then sprinkle with the reserved bacon and mozzarella cheese.
- Place the potato skins on a baking sheet then place in the oven.
- Bake the potato skins for 10 minutes until the cheese has melted and the filling is hot throughout.
- remove from the oven and serve.
lovely imaginative and mouthwatering recipes always and all from the heart, you love food in all its variations and are inspiring!
Thanks so much Gail. What a lovely compliment. 🙂
Oh boy ! You got me even before you have mentioned a beer 🙂 Thank you and have a very pleasant day !
Mary Ann @ thebeachhousekitchen
These look absolutely mouthwatering Alida! Perfect food for all the upcoming football games here! I have a friend who LOVES potato skins! She’s going to go crazy over these!
Thanks Mary Ann. They definitely are. And I’m telling you, they are SO addictive!
I truly believe you; I really need this “cheesy, spicy, bacon-y goodness” in my life, esp. inside crispy potato skin. This is such a mouthwatering recipe, and love it even more with your wonderful photos, Alida.
I can’t wait to try it 🙂
Oh, you are such a doll. Thanks Pang! If you try these, let me know what you think!
Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar
Whoa, pure snack time deliciousness!