If I started a fan page for Zucchini on Facebook, would you join me? Because really, I have some serious fangirl love for this simple vegetable. I like it in pretty much everything but this way of grilling and marinating it is by far my favourite. Grilling vegetables in general is a great idea as it adds lovely smoky, savouriness. Pair this with a zesty, garlicky marinade and you’re in your way to some serious deliciousness.
I often serve zucchini this way on its own but my favourite way of using grilled and marinated zucchini is by putting it in a salad made of baby leaves (rocket, watercress, lettuce, spinach), soft goat’s cheese and toasted pine nuts. The marinade then gets used as a dressing and you guys, this salad rocks my world. I’ll have a big bowl of it for lunch or serve it alongside lamb chops or grilled chicken for dinner. It’s filling, low carb and absolutely mouth-watering.
Marinated zucchini, goat's cheese & pine nut saladPrint Pin Rate
- 3 large zucchini sliced into thin slices
for the marinade
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- salt & pepper to taste
for the salad
- 100 g soft goat's cheese I used Chevin
- baby lettuce leaves
- 50 g pine nuts toasted
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chillies
- Heat a griddle pan until hot.
- Grill the zucchini until just cooked then remove and set aside.
- Make the marinade by stirring together all the ingredients. Pour over the zucchini and allow to marinade for at least 20 minutes and up to 24 hours (in the fridge).
- To assemble the salad, place the grilled zucchini on top of a bed of baby lettuce leave and top with crumbled goat's cheese, toasted almonds and chopped chillies.
- Pour over a little of the marinade and serve.