If I started a fan page for Zucchini on Facebook, would you join me? Because really, I have some serious fangirl love for this simple vegetable. I like it in pretty much everything but this way of grilling and marinating it is by far my favourite. Grilling vegetables in general is a great idea as it adds lovely smoky, savouriness. Pair this with a zesty, garlicky marinade and you’re in your way to some serious deliciousness.
I often serve zucchini this way on its own but my favourite way of using grilled and marinated zucchini is by putting it in a salad made of baby leaves (rocket, watercress, lettuce, spinach), soft goat’s cheese and toasted pine nuts. The marinade then gets used as a dressing and you guys, this salad rocks my world. I’ll have a big bowl of it for lunch or serve it alongside lamb chops or grilled chicken for dinner. It’s filling, low carb and absolutely mouth-watering.
Marinated zucchini, goat's cheese & pine nut saladPrint Pin Rate Add to Shopping ListGo to Shopping List
- 3 large zucchini sliced into thin slices
for the marinade
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- salt & pepper to taste
for the salad
- 100 g soft goat's cheese I used Chevin
- baby lettuce leaves
- 50 g pine nuts toasted
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chillies
- Heat a griddle pan until hot.
- Grill the zucchini until just cooked then remove and set aside.
- Make the marinade by stirring together all the ingredients. Pour over the zucchini and allow to marinade for at least 20 minutes and up to 24 hours (in the fridge).
- To assemble the salad, place the grilled zucchini on top of a bed of baby lettuce leave and top with crumbled goat's cheese, toasted almonds and chopped chillies.
- Pour over a little of the marinade and serve.
This was good. My husband who was whining about having to eat zucchini admitted that it had interesting flavors and was good. Ha. Score 1 for zucchini!
Yay! 🙂 So glad you liked it Christina.
Ohhh my. When I saw this today I knew immediately that I was having this tonight. I was a little sceptical because my dad likes his food more on the traditional side but I thought “screw it, if he doesn’t like it then more for me, yay”. But man it was such a hit! The bowl was pretty much polished as every morsel was devoured by the three of us. Thank you for these lovely recipes! You really are amazing!
I’m so pleased you all liked it. Thank you for your lovely comment.
So much time has gone by since i posted the previous comment and I still make this salad all the time. Making it tonight for a friend and everyone always loves this salad. Thanks again for all the wonderful recipes!
So beautiful!!! I love love love your photographs and recipe 🙂
Thanks lovely Pang.
Jo, I’m glad you like the look of this salad!
Warm Vanilla Sugar
This salad is gorgeous! Love the look of it 🙂
Warm Vanilla Sugar
Such a gorgeous salad!! Love this!
Sounds delicious, definitely going to give it a try. Keep up the low carb recipes – I LOVE your blog but now that I’m on this eating plan I’m running out of your recipes to cook!