25+ side dishes for salmon. Everything from healthy vegetable dishes to creamy pasta, all the sides you need for your next salmon dinner.
Table of Contents
Rice side dishes for salmon
- Quick and easy curry rice. Curry rice is an easy side dish recipe, perfect for serving with your favorite curries. A few pantry staples is all you need for this delicious dish.
- Creamy mushroom rice. Creamy mushroom rice made with long grain rice, sautéed mushrooms and garlic is a delicious and easy vegetarian main or satisfying side dish.
- Almond, lemon and parsley pilaf rice. Aromatic pilaf rice flavored with toasted almonds, fresh lemon and handfuls of chopped parsley. The perfect side dish with grilled meat or fish.
- Coconut rice. Sticky jasmine rice cooked in coconut milk is a delicious, easy side dish recipe.
- Creamy lemon risotto. The creamiest lemon-scented risotto is fantastic served with seared salmon for an elevated yet simple dinner.
Pasta side dishes for salmon
- Easy creamy parmesan lemon pasta. A simple plate of pasta coated in a tangy, savory Parmesan lemon sauce is the perfect, easy dinner recipe made in less than 20 minutes!
- Easy lemon orzo salad. Easy lemon orzo salad with cucumber, radishes and feta cheese is a delicious side dish recipe and perfect served as a meat free lunch.
- Homemade Alfredo sauce. 5 ingredients is all that is needed for this crowd pleaser. Homemade Alfredo sauce is simple, creamy and packed with garlic and Parmesan. One of the most delicious pasta sauce recipes you’ll ever make.
- Sun-dried tomato pesto pasta salad. This sun-dried tomato pesto pasta salad is a delicious, easy summer side dish or simple, vegetarian lunch or dinner plus it can be made ahead.
- Pasta with basil cream sauce. Creamy pasta is an easy dinner dream. Al dente pasta served with basil cream sauce is the perfect vegetarian meal and can be ready in 20 minutes.
- Caprese pasta salad. Easy peasy Caprese pasta salad with juicy tomatoes, creamy mozzarella and basil is a delicious side dish recipe served with easy lemon vinaigrette. The perfect potluck recipe and great served with grilled chicken or meat.
Healthy side dishes
- Grilled broccoli salad. This grilled broccoli salad with creamy avocado, goat’s cheese and red onion is the perfect side salad for meat and fish.
- Easy steamed spring vegetables with feta cheese. Steamed spring vegetables make a delicious, healthy side dish jazzed up with a zesty lemony dressing and creamy feta cheese.
- Corn and grilled zucchini salad. Easy grilled zucchini salad recipe with charred corn, feta cheese and peppery arugula is a delicious, gluten free and vegetarian summer salad.
- Bacon garlic sautéed green beans. Garlic sautéed green beans with crispy bacon is an easy, gluten free side dish. Serve with your favorite protein for a delicious dinner.
- Easy tomato salad. Easy tomato salad with capers, herbs and a simple lemon olive oil dressing is the perfect way to use juicy, ripe tomatoes
- 10-minute lemon garlic sautéed broccolini. This recipe for 10-minute sautéed broccolini flavored with garlic, lemon and chilli flakes is a delicious and easy side dish.
- Quick and Easy Lemon Parmesan Cabbage Salad. The easiest cabbage salad with almonds and lemon Parmesan dressing is crunchy, zesty and perfect served with almost any main.
- Easy Garlic Butter Sautéed Brussels Sprouts. The perfect easy, healthy side dish, this sautéed Brussels sprouts recipe with garlic butter is ready to eat in minutes and so tasty.
- Easy tomato feta green bean salad. This green bean salad with juicy tomatoes and cubes of feta cheese with a simple garlic lemon vinaigrette is a delicious, healthy and easy side dish recipe.
- Pea and feta quinoa salad. Quinoa salad with sweet spring peas, creamy feta and red onion with easy lemon dressing is the perfect recipe to meal prep ahead for fuss-free lunches. It’s also a great side dish for grilled chicken, fish or meat.
- Summer grilled corn salad. This smoky grilled corn salad with fresh tomatoes and basil is the perfect, easy side dish and is a great way to use fresh summer corn.
Potato side dishes
- Rosemary butter hasselback potatoes. Crispy hasselback potatoes tossed in rosemary butter and roasted until crisp and golden are simply irresistible and a delicious side dish.
- Creamy potato salad. This recipe for my mom’s potato salad is a family favorite and a hit at any summer party. So easy to make with a perfectly creamy condensed milk dressing.
- Crispy salt and pepper smashed potatoes. Crispy salt and pepper smashed potatoes is the perfect mix of creamy mashed potatoes and crisp roast potatoes and makes an easy, delicious side dish.
- Grilled potato salad. Grilled potato salad is an old favorite with a twist. Cooking the potatoes on a grill adds smoky flavor and the creamy dressing takes it to a new level. If you aren’t a fan of classic potato salad, try this no mayo version. You’re going to love it!
- Parmesan garlic mashed potatoes. From everyday dinners to festive celebrations, creamy garlic mashed potatoes flavored with Parmesan cheese is the perfect side dish.
- Easy spicy garlic baked potato wedges. Potato wedges are a classic side dish and this baked spicy garlic version is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser. Perfect for busy weeknights or casual entertaining.
Sauce for salmon
- Easy Garlic Butter Sauce. This homemade garlic butter sauce recipe is super simple to make and absolutely irresistible. Perfect served over anything from fish and seafood to pasta and vegetables.
- Dill yogurt sauce. The perfect no-cook yogurt sauce is a great addition to any salmon meal.
- Lemon caper sauce. This easy, delicious lemon caper sauce recipe is perfect served with fish, chicken or meat and makes a fantastic salad dressing.
- Easy blender hollandaise sauce. Easy blender Hollandaise sauce is a delicious, buttery sauce perfect served for breakfast with poached or steamed salmon.
- Easy Tartar sauce. This recipe for creamy tartar sauce couldn’t be easier. Mayonnaise, sour cream, pickles, capers and fresh onion make this the perfect sauce to serve with fish.
- Greek tzatziki. Greek Tzatziki is quick and easy to make and is perfect served with grilled pita bread as an easy meze/appetizer or served with grilled meat for dinner.