We all know eating more plants is not only good for us, but also for the planet. This list of vegetarian dinner recipes will help get you started.
Vegetarian food doesn’t need to be boring nor does it need to look like rabbit food. Wondering what to cook for dinner is something we all struggle with and trying to think of meatless recipes can be even more daunting. We have you covered with everything from simple pasta recipes that take no more than 30 minutes to a vegetarian bolognese so good, even the meat-lovers won’t know they’re eating plants.
Table of Contents
30 minute vegetarian recipes
- Cheesy corn cakes with avocado salsa. Crispy cheesy corn cakes served with spicy avocado salsa is a delicious and easy vegetarian recipe perfect for breakfast or lunch.
- Easy Garlic Butter Roasted Mushrooms. Juicy roasted mushrooms flavored with garlic, herbs and butter is the perfect easy side dish or served on toast for an easy breakfast.
- Vegetable Rösti with avocado cream. Crispy Vegetable Rösti made with carrots, potatoes, onions, zucchini and parsnips fried until golden and served with silky smooth avocado cream.
- Instant pot tomato risotto. The easiest way to make creamy risotto. This Instant Pot risotto recipe flavored with tomatoes and basil is a quick and easy vegetarian dinner recipe.
- Easy Saganaki with Chilli Honey. Saganaki is delicious Greek appetizer recipe. Cheese is fried until crisp and golden on the outside and soft on the inside. Served with chilli, honey, thyme and a drizzle of fresh lemon juice, it’s a guaranteed crowd pleaser and the perfect addition to any Greek Meze platter.
- Easy Creamy Zucchini Soup. This creamy zucchini soup is the kind of soup I could eat every single day. Light and fresh but velvety smooth, it’s simply delicious.
- The best easy stir fry sauce. This stir-fry sauce recipe is delicious and so easy to make. A handful of pantry staples along with some fridge essentials like soy sauce and rice vinegar. The perfect way to give new life to noodles and vegetables.
- Roasted garlic olive oil bread dip. This roasted garlic olive oil bread dip is a fantastic, easy appetizer. Perfect for when you need to feed a crowd or need a delicious snack.
Easy vegetarian recipes
- Easy tomato soup with grilled cheese. Roasted tomato soup served with a simple, extra-cheesy grilled cheese sandwich is comfort food personified. Served with a swirl of cream and fresh basil, it’s your childhood favorite all grown up.
- Vegetarian Bolognese Sauce. This easy savory vegetarian bolognese sauce recipe is grain- and gluten-free and the perfect healthy sauce to serve with pasta.
- Easy cauliflower tikka masala curry. Cauliflower tikka masala is the perfect easy vegetarian dinner served with steamed Basmati or brown rice. It’s also a great recipe for feeding a crowd.
- Creamy mushroom rice. This mushroom rice made with long grain rice, sautéed mushrooms and garlic is a delicious and easy vegetarian main or satisfying side dish.
- Creamy vegetable pot pie. This creamy vegetarian pot pie is the ultimate dinner recipe. Filled with fresh vegetables, creamy cheese sauce and topped with puff pastry, it’s the meatless meal you’ve been dreaming about.
- Vegetarian enchiladas. Cheesy vegetarian enchiladas filled with corn, black beans, bell peppers and mushrooms served with fresh avocado is a delicious, easy weeknight dinner.
- Creamed spinach stuffed butternut squash. Cheesy creamed spinach stuffed into roasted butternut squash is a delicious, crowd pleasing side dish or vegetarian main.
- Cheesy vegetable bake. This easy cheesy vegetable bake is simple comfort food at its finest. It is the perfect vegetarian meal or decadent side dish.
- Honey roasted butternut squash soup. Honey roasted butternut squash soup is like a hug in a bowl and the perfect comforting fall meal. Perfect for making ahead, vegetarian and gluten-free!
- Grilled Pizza Margherita. The easiest way to make pizza at home is to grill it. Crisp crust, melty mozzarella cheese and all the basil. This grilled Pizza Margherita is a showstopper!
Healthy Vegetarian recipes
- Easy Grilled Broccoli Salad. This grilled broccoli salad with creamy avocado, goat’s cheese and red onion is the perfect healthy lunch.
- Creamy vegetable curry. Creamy vegetable curry with coconut milk is a delicious, healthy and warming vegan dinner recipe served with rice for a gluten free dinner. Simple comfort food at its finest.
- Easy Vegetable soup. Everyone should know how to make vegetable soup and this easy recipe is perfect for when you need healthy vegetarian comfort food in a flash. Also a great way to use up all the leftover veggies in your fridge.
- Curry roasted sweet potatoes. Roasted sweet potatoes flavored with curry spices and roasted until soft, sweet and slighly caramelized is a delicious and easy side dish recipe.
- Easy Baba Ganoush. Silky, smooth and smoky. This easy Baba Ganoush recipe is delicious with pita bread or crudité as a simple, healthy snack or appetizer.
- Coconut curry vegetable soup. Filled with nutritious vegetables and spices, this aromatic coconut curry vegetable soup recipe is warm, comforting and healthy.
- Eggplant involtini. Eggplant involtini stuffed with herby ricotta filling baked in rich tomato sauce is a delicious vegetarian dish, perfect for dinner.
Vegetarian Pasta recipes
- Vegetarian lasagna with basil pesto. This lasagna layered with creamy ricotta, aromatic tomato and vegetable sauce and mozzarella cheese is the perfect meat free dinner recipe.
- Creamed spinach stuffed shells. Super cheesy spinach stuffed shells baked in tomato sauce is a delicious and easy vegetarian dinner recipe everyone will love.
- Pasta with basil cream sauce. Creamy pasta is an easy dinner dream. Al dente pasta served with basil cream sauce is the perfect vegetarian meal and can be ready in 20 minutes.
- Roasted tomato pesto pasta with ricotta. A simple, light pesto pasta recipe with roasted cherry tomatoes and creamy ricotta cheese is a delicious, easy summer dinner idea.
- Creamy spinach baked ravioli. Creamy spinach baked ravioli made with shop-bought ravioli is an easy, delicious vegetarian dinner recipe perfect for busy weeknights.
- Easy tomato cream rigatoni. Need easy dinner inspiration for tonight? This easy but totally delicious tomato cream rigatoni recipe is weeknight dinner perfection.
- Butternut Squash Spinach Cannelloni. Cannelloni stuffed with the most delicious butternut squash and spinach filling baked with tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese.
High protein vegetarian meals
- Zucchini feta crustless quiche. Eggs are a great protein source if you’re looking to eat less meat. This crustless quiche is the perfect low carb, high protein vegetarian recipe.
- Butter chickpea curry. If you love butter chicken, you’re going to love this creamy butter chickpea curry. This super aromatic curry takes less than 20 minutes to make which makes it the best healthy weeknight dinner recipe.
- Easy vegetable taco soup. This easy vegetable taco soup recipe is made with accessible and cost effective pantry staples. Add any vegetables you have for a delicoius, healthy meal.
- Butternut squash curry with crispy chickpeas. Creamy butternut squash curry is vegetarian dinner perfection served with crispy chickpeas and steamed rice. Warm and comforting, it’s ideal for fall meals.
- Cauliflower korma curry.This easy cauliflower korma curry is a delicious vegetarian, gluten free meal served with fluffy steamed rice, naan bread and toasted cashew nuts for crunch.