These delicious side dishes are a match made in heaven for rich, unctuous pork belly. From creamy mashed potatoes to spicy roasted broccoli, we have all the recipes you need.
Pork belly is a rich, fatty cut of meat so I always tend to want to serve it with at least one bright, zesty side dish to cut through the richness. However, side dishes like mashed potatoes, cauliflower cheese and broccoli casserole are also all absolutely delicious and make this versatile protein a meal to remember.
It also depends on how you’ll be serving the pork belly. If you’re serving it roasted whole like my Salt & Pepper Pork Belly recipe, I would suggest serving it alongside classic roast dinner sides like roasted potatoes, carrots and green beans. If you’re serving it in ramen, of course a good broth and noodles are needed. Below you’ll find all the inspiration you need for your next pork belly feast.
Table of Contents
Classic side dishes for pork belly
These side dishes are what I would consider classic because they go so well with roast dinners or lunches. A variety of textures and flavors compliment pork belly well and choosing one or two of these sides to go alongside your roasted pork belly will guarantee to impress your guests.
- Crispy Salt and Vinegar Roasted Potatoes.
- Cauliflower cheese.
- Orange brown sugar glazed carrots.
- Bacon garlic sauteed green beans.
- Easy spicy garlic roasted broccoli.
- Creamy Spinach Gratin.
- Easy mashed cauliflower.
Potato side dishes
Potatoes are everybody’s side dish of choice, right? Fluffy mashed potatoes, creamy scalloped potatoes or crispy roasted potatoes are all a great match for pork belly.
- Creamy Scalloped Potatoes.
- Honey thyme mashed sweet potatoes.
- Crispy salt and pepper smashed potatoes.
- Parmesan garlic mashed potatoes.
- Easy candied sweet potatoes.
- Roast potatoes with herb salt.
Light and fresh side dishes
I always include at least one light, fresh and zesty (acidic) side dish when serving pork belly. A delicious crunchy salad is a good option as is steamed vegetables like broccoli, sugar snap peas or asparagus dressed in a lemony vinaigrette.
- Lemon Parmesan cabbage salad.
- Easy cucumber radish salad.
- 10-minute lemon garlic sautéed broccolini.
- Marinated cucumber salad.
- Easy tomato feta green bean salad.
- Easy steamed spring vegetables with feta cheese.
- Roasted butternut salad with danish feta and cranberries.
- Easy creamy potato salad.
Interesting ways to serve pork belly
Pork belly is a versatile protein and can be enjoyed in a variety of ways. Roasted with the perfect crispy crackling and served with classic side dishes is always popular but why not try a delicious pork belly ramen (our family favorite) served with noodles, a jammy egg and delicious broth? Pork belly tacos are another great option and are always a crowd pleaser.