25+ side dishes for steak. If you’re looking for a side dish recipe for that juicy steak you have planned for dinner, you’ve come to the right place. Whether you are looking for crispy potatoes, creamy mushrooms, a healthy grilled side dish or a low carb recipe, you’re guaranteed to find inspiration here.
Potato side dishes for steak
Potatoes are a match made in Heaven and you would be hard-pressed to find a more perfect side dish for a juicy steak. Whether you want a baked potato a la hasselback or creamy mashed potatoes, there’s a recipe here for you.
- Hasselback Potatoes with Bacon Butter. Crispy on the outside, creamy on the inside, these Hasselback potatoes served with delectable sage bacon butter is a showstopping side dish.
- Creamy Scalloped Potatoes. Scalloped potatoes baked with the perfect creamy cheddar cheese sauce is the perfect easy side dish for any meal.
- Twice baked potatoes. Delicious steak and potatoes is the perfect recipe for date night in. The twice bake potatoes alone are enough to impress the socks off your loved one.
- Crispy salt and pepper smashed potatoes. Crispy salt and pepper smashed potatoes is the perfect mix of creamy mashed potatoes and crisp roast potatoes and makes an easy, delicious side dish.
- Easy spicy garlic baked potato wedges. Potato wedges are a classic side dish and this baked spicy garlic version is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser. Perfect for busy weeknights or casual entertaining.
- Cacio e pepe mashed potatoes. Creamy Cacio e pepe mashed potatoes is flavored with Parmesan cheese, black pepper and garlic and is the perfect side dish recipe.
- Grilled potato salad with sour cream dressing. Grilled potato salad is an old favorite with a twist. Cooking the potatoes on a grill adds smoky flavor and the creamy dressing takes it to a new level. If you aren’t a fan of classic potato salad, try this no mayo version. You’re going to love it!
Sauces for steak
We are a family of sauce-lovers. Steak on the menu? You bet there will be a delicious sauce served alongside it. These four sauce recipes are all truly delicious served with a big, juicy steak.
- Truffled mushroom sauce. Juicy, tender beef tenderloin is always a showstopper meal. As perfect for a celebration meal as it is for a quick weeknight dinner. The mushroom sauce is delicious with the beef and will be a hit with your guests.
- Lemon caper sauce. Grilled sirloin steak cooked to a perfect medium rare served with caper herb sauce is a delicious, fast recipe perfect for dinner.
- Gorgonzola sauce. Perfectly cooked steak served with creamy Gorgonzola sauce flavored with rosemary and garlic is the easy dinner recipe of your dreams.
- Easy creamy pepper sauce. Easy creamy pepper sauce is the perfect accompaniment to a juicy grilled steak and takes only a few minutes to knock together.
Mushroom side dishes for steak
Mushrooms and steak, oh how I love thee. Whether you choose mushrooms as a side dish or make a creamy mushroom sauce to pour over your steak, these recipes will have you craving more.
- Easy Garlic Butter Roasted Mushrooms. Juicy roasted mushrooms flavored with garlic, herbs and butter is the perfect easy side dish.
- Creamy Garlic Parmesan Sautéed Mushrooms. Easy garlic sautéed mushrooms cooked in creamy Parmesan sauce is a delicious side dish recipe.
- Easy creamy mushroom sauce. Every cook needs a good easy creamy mushroom sauce recipe. It’s perfect stirred through pasta and fantastic on grilled steak
Healthy side dishes for steak
If you’re looking for a low fat, gluten-free or super nutritious side dish, we’ve got you covered!
- Garlic Parmesan cauliflower . Cauliflower seasoned with garlic and Parmesan before roasted to golden, crisp deliciousness is the perfect easy side dish recipe.
- Easy green salad with lemon Parmesan dressing. This simple green salad recipe is the perfect side dish. The lemon-Parmesan dressing will ensure it’s a memorable part of any meal.
- 10-minute lemon garlic sautéed broccolini. This recipe for 10-minute sautéed broccolini flavored with garlic, lemon and chilli flakes is a delicious and easy side dish.
- Easy grilled eggplant salad. This grilled eggplant salad with chunks of feta cheese, cucumber and herbs is a delicious and easy side dish, perfect for Summer.
- Grilled Fattoush Salad with Eggplant. Delicious Fattoush salad filled with grilled pita bread, eggplant and feta cheese is the perfect side salad or light lunch.
- Grilled Broccoli with Bacon Vinaigrette. This grilled broccoli with the most delicious bacon vinaigrette is a great, gluten free side dish and perfect as an alternative to salad.
- Baked sweet potato with whipped honey butter. Baked sweet potato served with whipped honey butter is the ultimate side dish for fall/autumn. Sweet, buttery and so comforting.
Low carb side dishes for steak
- Grilled broccoli salad. This grilled broccoli salad with creamy avocado, goat’s cheese and red onion is the perfect side salad for meat and fish.
- Easy tomato feta green bean salad. This green bean salad with juicy tomatoes and cubes of feta cheese with a simple garlic lemon vinaigrette is a delicious, healthy and easy side dish recipe.
- Easy spicy garlic roasted broccoli. Broccoli seasoned with chilli flakes and garlic before being roasted until just crispy is a delicious and easy side dish recipe the family will love.
- Marinated zucchini salad. Easy spicy marinated zucchini salad with toasted pine nuts and feta cheese is a delicious side dish perfect for summer meals.
- Easy Garlic Butter Sautéed Brussels Sprouts. The perfect easy, healthy side dish, this sautéed Brussels sprouts recipe with garlic butter is ready to eat in minutes and so tasty.
- Easy steamed spring vegetables with feta cheese. Steamed spring vegetables make a delicious, healthy side dish jazzed up with a zesty lemony dressing and creamy feta cheese.
- Bacon garlic sauteed green beans. Garlic sauteed green beans with crispy bacon is an easy, gluten free side dish. Serve with your favorite protein for a delicious dinner.